Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Introduction

Television is my number one favorite pass time, I watch massive amounts of TV, even in this difficult environment (meaning being so far away from the Mecca of TV, the U.S.), I still manage to watch a lot of TV shows. The more I am exposed to TV that is hugely funded by product placement, the less I know if I love it or hate it. I appreciate the fact that without product placement and advertising, a lot of shows wouldn't have the budget to carry on creating quality programming, but on the other hand product placement becomes obnoxious at times, and I feel that in order to promote products, the plot often suffers some dumbing down.

In this blog I want to examine both sides of product placement, share a couple funny videos, and sort of asses whether product placement is the devil and reduces the quality of TV programming or if it is a great way to fund a TV show and for brands to penetrate the clutter of advertisement and share their products with the world. 

Here's a clip from one of my favorite shows 30 Rock, making a little product placement self-criticism Tina Fey style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you ought to anticipate so then its type of unusual.

Being an intuitive has its rewards, but it can also be extremely difficult.
Two of the retro greeting cards proven at the
previous hyperlink are totally free to deliver.

Look at my blog; http://gdgs.kr/xe/?document_srl=275644

Post a Comment